The Finish Line Difference
Finish Line Building exists to serve you, our client. We strive to provide complete services from Start to Finish for any residential remodeling or new construction project. Our team is comprised of experts in architecture, interior design, and construction with years of experience serving clients in the Central Ohio Area. We realize each project is different and personal to you and your goals. The process of bringing your ideas to reality requires individualized attention to create the space of your dreams. Whether you have a specific idea or a basic concept, our team will listen to your thoughts and work together with you to discover the best solution. We have gained the trust of our clients by showing them that we genuinely care about their project, enjoy design challenges, and show meticulous attention to detail in our work. Our goal is to provide a seamless process through construction and exceed your expectations.
Andy Hrynkow, (Certified Remodeler) and Dan Custer (Architect) started Finish Line Building in 2000 with a focus on building, renovation, and design with a high standard of excellence.
Andy started his career in construction during college where he worked for a remodeling company, renovating luxury condos and apartments in downtown Chicago. After college he moved to Ohio where he worked for a custom home builder. After building his own home, he realized that his passion was to start his own custom-building company, so he founded Finish Line Custom Building in 2000. Later he partnered with friend Dan Custer and they created Finish Line Building. Andy brings exceptional knowledge and skills to the table with more than 25 years of experience.
Dan’s curiosity about how things were put together began at a young age, by taking apart anything he could find to see how it worked. This interest was further reinforced in his high school drafting classes as well as summer’s spent working for a local home builder. Dan’s eagerness for learning and his natural sense for three dimensional design led him to pursue his degree in architecture at the University of Cincinnati. Even through classes and studios he never lost his love for the process of how things were built and went together. After graduation, Dan learned many additional aspects of the business working for a local design-build architecture firm. Architecture alone as a career, however, would not satisfy him since it rarely afforded him the opportunity to get his hands dirty and work out the details during construction. The opportunity to start his own company with Andy came after a couple of years of collaborating together on several projects. Dan’s hands on approach to seeing projects through from inception to completion allows the creative process to continue working even after drawings are finished. Dan has used this process to make the final product more rewarding for his clients for more than 30 years.
Our Design & Build Process
Our process involves you from beginning to end; we work with you on a personal level all the way through the project. Whenever you have questions or concerns our team will be happy to answer them; after all it is your project.
- We will schedule a meeting at your convenience in your home to listen about your thoughts and ideas.
- We work together with you to create a solution based on your design preferences and goals. A design contract may be needed depending on the scope of work.
- Our professional design service can prepare drawings based on field measures of your home and your new ideas.
- We will meet together to review the design ideas and discuss options.
- With your feedback, we will revise drawings and prepare a Preliminary Estimate. We use this as a checkpoint to make sure the cost of the project is in line with your desires and budget.
- The next step is construction timelines and scheduling while we finish up the final drawings.
- A final project cost is prepared with the inclusion of all your selections and allowances.
- With your approval and all the necessary documents we can start bringing your dream to reality.
- Our design consultant will be with you every step of the way even through the construction process. We realize that any construction is an inconvenience to your daily life so we will do our best to work with you in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of communication through the end of the project.
- Once your project is complete we will ensure that your new space is thoroughly clean and ready for you to enjoy.
- We stand by our workmanship and quality to give you peace of mind even after we’re gone.